Friday, 5 August 2011

Facebook can get you caught by police....

So it was one of those random nights I couldn't get sleep. So as most young people do - any maybe the young at heart - I began to facebook. As I looked up the names of my facebook friends of who was online I saw a my friend Sarah, who lived a couple of blocks away. Sarah and I are known for our midnight walks and since me moving house a few times, this enjoyable activity had unfortunately ceased to exist. So on a whim I was all like "hey Sarah! We should go on a midnight walk!"

So after a hasty facebook convo I began to trek to sarah's crib to head out on our walk. It was literally midnight by the time we left sarah's house and Sarah confessed she was craving an Oreo mcflurry. As the maccas closest to us wasn't 24 hrs we decided to walk the nine or ten kilometers to the other side of the city to the 24hr maccas.

Well as can be imagined, Sarah who had hardly walked since the last midnight walk began to get tired after about four km's. We were passing a shopping centre at this point and I discovered a shopping trolley in the bushes. "hey sarah, you should get in and I'll push you!" excitedly Sarah agreed. However after five exuberant honking of horns from male truck drivers passing us on the highway, we decided to call it quits. Finally after two hours of trecking in the darkness, we reached our destination. But what we saw broke our hearts. Yes the maccas was 24hrs but it was only 24hrs drive through. Crushed we looked at each other in despair.

We looked across the road and there was a servo station. Driven by hunger and exhaustion we crossed the road to get something that would sustain us on our trip home. I consoled myself with a 500grams of chocolate and cherry ice-cream, which I devoured in the space of about ten minutes. Hey I had a right to I just walked 10kms in the dead of the night!!

And so we began our trip back home. Sarah was exhausted and taking pity on her plight I began to pray for another shopping trolley to come across our path. When we were about a km into our walk I saw a trolley in the middle of the footpath. "get in sarah!" I said and so with Sarah in the trolley and me at the wheel I began running home. I noticed two police cars go past but took little notice. Then suddenly Sarah said "I want a turn!" so we swapped places. No sooner was I in the trolley a cop car pulled up beside us. "O-oh" I said. I awkwardy climbed out of the trolley and Sarah and I walked up to the cop car.

Well it turns out we were unlawfully using a shopping trolley and we had our details taken on a safety check card. Untortunately for me, I was in my work uniform... So probably not overly awesome work ethic there lol.... But lucky for us, we were let off with a warning.

So there you have it a mixture of insomnia, Oreo mcflurry cravings and tiredness can lead to run in's with the police over using a trolley as a means of transport. Who would have thought!!

1 comment:

  1. Haha. I was thinking the whole time please don't tell my parents and also I'm glad I was wearing my Biloela school jersey.

    ReplyDelete